Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A relaxing and fun week

We couldn’t go to Yosemite last weekend because we couldn’t find any reservations for camp site or nearby hotels. I am pretty sad… and I hope we can eventually make it this summer. However, after a long trip to Vegas, it was nice to take a break. As usually we played some basketball, tennis, table tennis. Other than the usual activities, there were some spotlights.

I got my first salsa lesson last Monday. I was shy in the beginning, thanks to the very funny instructor, I wasn’t as nervous. And after a while, I guess I got used to it. Just getting the steps/ spins right took all my attention already. I told a friend that I am taking salsa class, she said “sexy”. I was laughing so hard. If you ever see me dancing, you would never use that word on me haha. I have no dancing ability =P but just think it would be fun to try it out hehe. Yesterday was the second lesson. We learned something fancy: the guys has to pop the ladies, like swing their bodies around without moving the positions. I don’t know how to describe it. I felt the ladies were hoping not to get a back injury from that. Haha.

There was a bank robbery 3 blocks away from where I live. When Jess and I were eating in a near by restaurant 2 weeks ago, all the sudden we heard policy on a helicopter accounting the description of the suspect and tell people to report if they see him. We were joking if it is just the bank in front of us. Last week I went back to that restaurant again, and the owner told me that it was indeed that bank and the suspect was caught the next day. There were several police cars and helicopters. Even the FBI came. I thought those things only happen in movies. But I guess movies are based on real lifes, isn’t it.

I watched Ratatouille, a movie about a rat that can cook. I usually don’t like cartoon movies thinking they are for kids, but this one is pretty cool. The animation and graphics were so good; the water looked very real, which is pretty hard to do. It is always amazing to me how smart people are, and what we can do. Technology is quite a magic, isn’t it. It is hard to imagine what the world would be like in 10 years =P Other than being amazed by the animation, I liked a conversation in the movie. Daddy rat, “You cannot change nature”. Little rat, “Change is the nature”. I agree, I don’t believe in following the fate. Some people look for happiness, but some people create happiness. “The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes their way”. Indeed.

Crystal, Tony and I went to kayaking again. (Pictures can be found here.) Crystal was on her own; Tony and I share a kayak because I don’t think I can do it myself. The most fun part was when we trying to ride the wave to get back to the shore. Our kayak rotated a little and wasn’t straight and tipped over… and I happened to be underneath the tipped over kayak. For a second, I was thinking to myself, “I don’ t want to die yet!!!!!!!” hahaha glad that I got out a second later =P Fun times. I told Crystal that she should try tipping over sometime, because she was the only friend who hadn’t. “I will sometime maybe without trying”, she said. Hehe

A month ago, I got email from coach saying we should work out. Only until yesterday I actually went with Tony. (I cannot do work out on my own… too boring…) I feel that I am much weaker now… I cannot do as much weights as before. The only thing got better maybe is my tolerance, I can run better now. Gonna go running with Tony and Yehia after work today. Should be fun =)

Rucks is going to Israel in about 12 hours. I admire those who can just go after their dreams. It needs a lot of courage. !Rucks, שיהיה במזל Take good care! Ani mitga'agea elaich!

1 comment:

minimousetrap said...

woppy! you're dancing?? how did that ever happen?