Sunday, August 5, 2007

bowling and surfing!

Joseph, also from MIT who interned in Qualcomm last year, just got back in town for the summer, so we decided to go bowling on Wednesday. Jackson and Tony came too. Obviously I was the worse one in the group. My score ranged from 50-80. They are about 120-160. There wasn’t anything special until the last game… Joseph suggested that the one wins will have a free bubble tea from the losers. I complained that I would never win. So they agreed to double my score. All the sudden I see the hope. Magically the will to get free bubble tea made me play extra extra well in that game. I ended up getting 97, my personal highest score and only 10 points less than their high scorer of that game. Joseph and Tony were all so amazed that bubble tea can make such a difference. Haha. I love food~~ ;) So yeah now they owe me bubble tea ;)

The best part of the week was of course surfing on Saturday! Qualcomm gave the interns free surfing lessons and I luckily got lotteriied in and had the lesson in the same group as Tony. The instructor was pretty detailed, she demoed to us then made us do the motions on the beach before she let us into the water. It turned out to be very useful. With her help I was able to stand up for a few seconds!!! She said that if I come next time, I should be ok to go surfing without a instructor! ;) Just 2 days ago I thought I would never be able to learn surf because I am not a good swimmer! I am sooooo happy!!! =D Too bad the lesson ended shortly… I wish I can try it couple more times … Then Tony, Yunjie, Elisa, and I threw a football around on the beach. I don’t think I am good at throwing football at all… I feel my hand isn’t big enough to control the ball… Glad rugby doesn’t need me to throw the ball like that hehe. After that we moved over to the swimming area to swim. The big wave made it harder but more entertaining. Tony and I went back to 3rd grade and started to splash each other with water. Then we tried to swimming along the wave, but the wave always ended up swallowing me... the worst part was when I thought I dodged the wave and when I was just taking a break, another one came, glad Tony told me to watch out in time so I did not drink too much salty water =) The funniest part of the day was when we were trying to dry off on the beach, Elisa and I got bird pooped on! Glad we were so close to the ocean that we can just go back to the water and wash off. Somehow I found it more amusing than annoying hehe. Tony thinks I am easily amused, I take it as a compliment hehe.

After beach, 5 of us went to dinner. We went to a restaurant that makes food from my hometown, I LOVE it! And I love it more when all my friends enjoy it also! =) “Hmm… I am happy!” They laughed at me hehe. I wish I know how to cook, so that I can make a kosher version for Rucks (Michal), that would be so much fun! Hmm.. maybe 20 years later ;) haha .

The fun day ended with a great movie Bourne Ultimatum. We arrived 50 minutes early but still had to sit all the way in the front… some scenes that had fast movement wasn’t so enjoyable because it hurts my eyes a little, but thanks to Tony’s distraction made it a little easier. Anyways, the movie is recommended! But either arrive extra early or wait for a week or so =)

“Life isn’t always beautiful, but it is a beautiful ride.” Exactly, and I shall try my best to cherish and enjoy what I have now =)

No comments: