Monday, June 11, 2007

Second monday

Jiayan (a Cambridge-MIT exchanged student who lived my house) came to visit me last weekend. So I rented a car and we went to several beaches and other places. It was pretty cool.

Crystal (another baller from MIT, and Milind (a co-worker from Qualcomm) joined us on each day. Crystal showed us a place where we can see sea lions lying on the bank. I heard it is protected little beach area intended for little kids and family, but it got taken over by the sea lions. They seemed to enjoy themselves a lot. On Sunday Milind drove us to some fun places that I did not go last summer. There is one place called Mt. Soledad, it is on the top of a mountain, where we can see the entire San Diego. With some effort, we also saw the Qualcomm building I work in from there. It is really cool. By the ocean, Milind also told us to watch the seagulls. A seagull will fly around an area, and suddenly dive into the water. The next time we see it come out of the water, there is fish in its mouth! =) I wish I can fly!!! I am marking down all those nice places, so I know where to show you if you come visit =) Now I am so sure that I am more a scenery person than a city person =P the ocean just amazes me every time! (Pictures are updated here) Jiayan commented several times that I got nice friends. That is true, I love my friends =) After dinner in downtown with Crystal, I sent Jiayan to the airport. Somehow, I don’t like airport much. Feel like no matter where I might be going, I will always be leaving one place, which saddens me every time…

I finally moved into my friend’s (a Chinese girl I met last summer. She just graduated from UC-berkeley) house for the summer. They just moved so it is pretty new and clean. I am actually leaving in her room, but she won’t be here for the summer. I have cable TV in my room and wireless internet. It is a pretty nice place, there are shopping malls, restaurants, and even movie theaters in walking distance. (when I say it is walking distance, it must be haha, you know how lazy I am haha) And it is only about 15-20 minutes drive to work in the morning, 10 in the afternoon if I avoid the rush hour. By the way, there is almost no speed limit in San Diego. It is 50 miles/ hour on the local street that I travel everyday. On freeways (they call it freeways instead of high ways, because they are free not like NY… haha) 80+ is normal traffic speed, if not rush hour that is. I like it a lot! hehe (I know, I will be careful when I drive =D ) I am still waiting for Guang (another co-worker that I am good friend with)’s car getting fixed. He said after his design review today, he will have time to check it out. Maybe I will go too, my supervisor told me to feel free to do what I need to =)

After enjoying having the whole office to myself for a week, I got an officemate today. She is a contractor. I actually met her last summer when we all spend our lunch time at the main lounge watching world cup. Good times hehe. I saw a bunch old friend from last summer. Yunjie (another intern from MIT, but new at Qualcomm) asked me how do I get to know all those people =P hehe)

Today i went to lunch with Yunjie, and she ordered for me when i was in the bathroom. i told her what i want to order but forgot to say how spicy i want and she thought i really like spicy, so she ordered…. 10 out of 10!!! And because I ordered Phat Thai (Thai noodles…) there is not even rice to help me. Haha. So yeah, I end up drinking a lot of water and my mouth was still on fire. But I bet it is not spicy at all for my Chongqing (if you never heard of it, it is the city in China that I grown up =) friends hehe. However, since it was pretty tasty, I enjoyed it =) Happiness is always mixed with some sort of pain, isn’t it. Haha.

Ok time for me to get back to work =) Hope you all have a good day =)

No comments: