Sunday, June 17, 2007

Second Week

First of all, happy b-day to Sisi!!! =) Hope you have a good year!

Hmm it seems like I had a busy week… not that I was busy from work but busy from all the fun stuff I missed at school. It is nice to be a returner. Now that I have more friends and know more places, I got to do a lot of stuff that I did not manage to do last summer.

I have been getting rides from co-worker / housemate. In the beginning I come home with someone who leaves work at 6:30, so I got back home around 7pm, which is super early for me. Starting from the past Wednesday, I got home at 9pm from playing basketball with the interns. My friend’s mom Amy (I stay at their house) saw me and commented that I came home a little later than usual. The next day, I got home at 11:30pm from playing table tennis. I did not see Amy that evening. Then I ran into her downstairs at around 7pm. She was like, “wow you home early today.” I answered, “yeah… I have been home for a little while… but… I am going out for O.A.R concert now, I am not sure if I will be back tonight, depend on if my friend wants to drive at mid-night or not…” Haha, her mom must think I am a wild cat. The concert was at SDSU (San Diego State University)’s open air theatre. Even though there weren’t that many people there (compare to the Mohegan Sun Arena), it had a very good audience, I guess because most people were college students. Towards the end, almost everyone stood up. It is always cool to me when the audience sings along with the band. There was a song called “that was a crazy night of poker” the audience sang for the singer for almost a minute. That was cool =) I end up getting home at 1am, because of the delay of the public transportation… (I hate those… My friend said I was spoiled =P) Thanks to Crystal who gave me rides even though she is 20 miles away!

On Saturday, Vasin (my housemate) took me to play tennis. As you can image, it was way too hot at 4pm. I haven’t played for almost a year, totally forgot how haha. Thank god Vasin tried to give me very easy shoots =P Despite the heat, despite my poor skills, it was very fun to play =) Afterwards, Yunjie and I stuffed ourselves at my favorite Sichuan restaurant. It always makes happy to find someone who likes my food =)

I got my credit card statement today, after paying for that, i have only $200 in my bank haha, historically low. The company better pays me soon, or I will go bankrupt. Haha. Guess this is how real life is, money doesn’t come from no where haha.

The “special of the week” for me was kayaking in La Jolla this Sunday morning =) I had to wake up at 7:30 am (!!!) to catch the 9am tour with Milind, Crystal, Yunjie. But it all worth it, so I don’t complain =P We had to carry our paddles (longer than me!) ourselves from the shop to the beach. They instructed us to hold it upward, but I apparently hold it side ways and hit Crystal twice =P But she still agreed to ride the same kayak (2 people per kayak) with me. I heard the one in front got splashed the most, but I didn’t think I am strong enough to steer the kayak, so I chose to sit in the front. None of us did kayak before, but it is proved that we were the masters! We moved pretty fast in the water. Well, most of the time, expect a few times when I was too concentrated looking at the sea lions or caves, I would do something interesting. Here were what Crystal said to me at those times; “Skeet? You know you are not paddling right?”; “Skeet, you are paddling the air!”; “Forward, not backward! You are anti-contributing!”; “Oops, the other hand, you are steering us the wrong way…” Hahaha. Good times. At least I did not freak out this time like I did when I snorkeled in St. Tomas! Big improvement! =P Because La Jolla Cove was a well protected area (naturally and artificially), there were a lot of animals living there. Sea lions were having sun bath on the rocks. The tour guy told us that they are like dogs, they barks, they like to play with each other and fight! There was a kind of bird (forgot name) live on the rocks. If you ask why the rocks are white, the answer is those birds’ pupu! Haha! My tour guy claim he saw a dolphin, but it did not show up during the time we watched, so I guess we missed it. There were also a lot of leopard sharks by the beach area. They say those sharks don’t bite people. They only eat stuff in the sand or something. In fact, they hate the motion of waves, so they don’t even come closer to swimmers. We had to paddle really softly to get to the area without disturbing them. It was cool to see sharks swim underneath of us. Too bad we couldn’t see very clear. Probably I will come back and snorkel sometime =P When we were done, to get back to the beach, we could ride the wave and it pushes us out. The tour guy had 3 kayaks on this tour. He said he hope 3 out of 3 could get onto the beach without flip. Crystal and I got onto the beach fine. We started to play with the sand. Then after a while, we were wondering where Milind and Yunjie were. A minute later, we saw them all wet! I guess the tour guys’ wish did not come true haha. Yunjie and I end up grabbing food in a restaurant wet. I was pretty much dry, but Yunjie’s shirt was all wet, we had to wear a jacket outside to hide it or the restaurant probably won’t let us in haha. Glad they had wooden chair so we did not have to worry about get it wet hahahaha Good times.

I just woke up from my nap and was planning to read some books, but a friend just called me to play basketball. I guess this is how my weekend will end then =P Phone is ringing, gotta go. Hope you had a fun weekend also!

No comments: